Recipe by Simply Sarah
Nothing super special, but a great basic muffin recipe.
Top Review by MommaEllen
A quick after school snack! I suggest using the small chocolate chips also, and maybe topping the muffins with some before baking. This recipe made about 40 mini muffins that took about 12 minutes to bake. Thank you for sharing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add egg, milk, and oil. Combine just to moisten (over mixing will make tougher muffins).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin liners or greased muffin tin and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let slightly cool before serving.