Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I didn't like any of the chili recipes I found so I made my own, here it is so I can remember it because I was told I could make it again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 red vine tomatoes
- 1 cubanelle pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- chili powder
- red pepper flakes
- Brown beef and remove from pot.
- Caramelize onions in beef grease, add in fresh tomatoes.
- When onions are caramelized, some add in all the other ingredients including beef but excluding pepper flakes and chili powder.
- Let simmer and add flakes and powder every so often.