1/3 Photos of Basic Chicken Stock
2 hrs 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter onion.
- 2Chop scrubbed celery and carrot into 1 inch chunks.
- 3Place chicken pieces, onion, celery, carrot, salt, and cloves in large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- 4Add 6 cups water.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- 7Remove chicken and vegetables.
- 8Strain stock.
- 9Skim fat off the surface.
- 10To clarify stock for clear soup, removing solid flecks that are too small to be strained out with cheesecloth, follow this method.
- 11Separate the egg white from the egg yolk, and reserve the shell.
- 12In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cold water, egg white, and crushed eggshell.
- 13Add to strained stock, and bring to a boil.
- 14Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 15Strain again through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Chicken Stock
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 1016.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: