Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is simple and all the ingredients are available in every supermarket
Make and share this Basic Chicken Soup/Stock recipe from Food.com.
- preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- clean the chicken.
- roast the chicken until golden, let rest.
- cut onion, carrots, celery, leeks, parsnip in 10 cm pieces.
- in a big pot stirfry all veggies.
- bash garlicgloves and add to pot.
- when onions are transparent add water.
- add parsley, thyme, peppercorn and thyme.
- boil slow until one third of liquid is left.
- strain and keep veggies.
- cut veggies into mouthright pieces.
- strip meat of chicken in mouthright pieces.
- add veggies and chicken to soup and taste with salt. It needs more than you´d think.
- velbekomme, bon appetit, bueno appetito!
I made this for stock and it turned out great! I added the partially roasted chicken to the water and carried on from there. I saved the chicken for another recipe and strained the vegies through a colander. Yum, lots of flavour!!!