2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is simple and all the ingredients are available in every supermarket
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 2clean the chicken.
- 3roast the chicken until golden, let rest.
- 4cut onion, carrots, celery, leeks, parsnip in 10 cm pieces.
- 5in a big pot stirfry all veggies.
- 6bash garlicgloves and add to pot.
- 7when onions are transparent add water.
- 8add parsley, thyme, peppercorn and thyme.
- 9boil slow until one third of liquid is left.
- 10strain and keep veggies.
- 11cut veggies into mouthright pieces.
- 12strip meat of chicken in mouthright pieces.
- 13add veggies and chicken to soup and taste with salt. It needs more than you´d think.
- 14velbekomme, bon appetit, bueno appetito!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Chicken Soup/Stock
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.6
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 308.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: