- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon diced purple onion
- 3 -6 sweet gherkins
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place almonds in a frying pan.
- Toast over medium-high heat, shaking frequently.
- Watch carefully, as they burn easily.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Toss with chicken, almonds, onions, sweet pickles, egg and celery.