Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a family favorite. Easy to make and oh so good. Spread on crackers or make a sandwich with lettuce and tomato. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon diced purple onion
- 3 -6 sweet gherkins
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- Place almonds in a frying pan.
- Toast over medium-high heat, shaking frequently.
- Watch carefully, as they burn easily.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Toss with chicken, almonds, onions, sweet pickles, egg and celery.
Really delicious I left out the hard boiled egg and gherkins and it was still amazing!
Made this as directed except I run the chicken through my food processor first.I used boneless skinless chicken breast and just boiled them on the stove. This is delicious!! Please don't leave out any of the ingrediants-they all have a place in this salad and make it oh so good! Putting them on mini croissonts to take to a graduation open house for my niece and I'm sure everyone will love them as much as I do. This is way better than "basic" chicken saled-it's the bomb! Thanks for sharing Nimz.