Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from Budget101.com. Freeze or eat now!
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped (or any leftover meat)
- 1 pie crust (single or double)
- Melt butter, add onions- sauté for a minute, add flour, mix till pasty, add broth and milk.
- Stir constantly until creamy and thick ( cooking over medium heat),
- Add veggies & chicken.
- Dump into a pie crust.
- Freeze now for later or Bake 40-50 minutes at 350º.
Yummy! I made this for supper last night and it was delicious. I had a single pie crust that's been hanging out in my freezer for far too long, so I did a single crust pot pie just to use it up...but i would have preferred it to have a top crust as well to get more crust in each bite! I did sprinkle my serving with some salt -- it seemed to brighten up the flavors and bring them out more. This was also very easy to put together...something I always like in a meal! Thanks so much for posting! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag.