Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A no-frills, delicious soup that I am often asked to make. You can substitute noodles for the rice, but rice is our preference.
- 1 broiler-fryer chickens or 3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon salt
- black pepper, until floats on top
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1 cup raw rice
- Boil chicken with poultry seasoning, butter, celery flakes, chicken soup, salt, and black and cayenne peppers.
- Reserve broth and debone and chop chicken into pieces.
- Add chicken back to broth along with onion, bell pepper, and rice.
- Cook covered until rice is done, approximately 20-30 minutes.
Autumn 2006 PAC: This was a good basic recipe for soup. I did go back and add another chicken breast as we like ours with more meat. I had never had bell pepper in my C & R soup and it added a nice flavor. Thanks Sherryb for sharing.