Recipe by NoeleenCleary
Be sure to add your cat’s daily supplements to each meal in the quantities recommended for each on the packages. A good quality vitamin/mineral supplement. A bone meal supplement. This can be either nutritional grade bone meal, finely crushed eggshells or a calcium lactate supplement. 250 to 500 mg. of taurine per day. Many owners will also provide oat grass or wheat grass plants for their cats to chew on. (Check to make sure that the grass you select is not toxic to cats. Several are.) Preparation and cooking times are approximate.
- 2 lbs chicken livers, cooked, chopped bite-size
- 3 cups rice, cooked. Cooked oatmeal can be substituted
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped bite-size
- 1⁄2 cup chopped vegetables, cooked and pureed
- 1 tablespoon fish, oil. salmon oil can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E, oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken livers in a large pot. Cover with water.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until livers are cooked through.
- Drain, rinse and cool completely. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Return to pot. Add prepared rice or oatmeal, eggs, vegetables, salmon or fish oil and Vitamin E oil.
- Stir well to combine.
- Divide into serving-size portions. This should stay good in the refrigerator for 3 days. Freeze any portion that will not be used within that time.