1 hr 5 mins
Be sure to add your cat’s daily supplements to each meal in the quantities recommended for each on the packages. A good quality vitamin/mineral supplement. A bone meal supplement. This can be either nutritional grade bone meal, finely crushed eggshells or a calcium lactate supplement. 250 to 500 mg. of taurine per day. Many owners will also provide oat grass or wheat grass plants for their cats to chew on. (Check to make sure that the grass you select is not toxic to cats. Several are.) Preparation and cooking times are approximate.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken livers in a large pot. Cover with water.
- 2Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until livers are cooked through.
- 3Drain, rinse and cool completely. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Return to pot. Add prepared rice or oatmeal, eggs, vegetables, salmon or fish oil and Vitamin E oil.
- 5Stir well to combine.
- 6Divide into serving-size portions. This should stay good in the refrigerator for 3 days. Freeze any portion that will not be used within that time.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Chicken and Rice Dinner for Cats
Serving Size: 1 (1592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 593.9 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: