Recipe by CookinMamaof3
The canned biscuits really make this recipe easy. Reminds me of home!
Top Review by JeriBinNC
This was good, and it was really easy, too. I didn't roll out and cut the biscuits; I just pinched off pieces and dropped them in. The taste is good, but I had too much broth and not enough dumplings. I wish I could give this 3 1/2 stars, but I'll round up to 4 because it was so easy. I did add another can of biscuits to make this heartier.
- 1 whole fryer
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 count) can flakey biscuits (not Grands)
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in salted water until it slips easily off the bone.
- Remove chicken from broth and debone. Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Return meat to broth, then add margarine and soup. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle flour onto board, then roll or pat each biscuit to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into strips.
- Drop biscuit strips one at time into boiling broth, stirring often.
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to low for another 30 to 40 minutes.