Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The canned biscuits really make this recipe easy. Reminds me of home!
- 1 whole fryer
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 count) can flakey biscuits (not Grands)
- 1 cup flour
- Boil chicken in salted water until it slips easily off the bone.
- Remove chicken from broth and debone. Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Return meat to broth, then add margarine and soup. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle flour onto board, then roll or pat each biscuit to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into strips.
- Drop biscuit strips one at time into boiling broth, stirring often.
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to low for another 30 to 40 minutes.
This was good, and it was really easy, too. I didn't roll out and cut the biscuits; I just pinched off pieces and dropped them in. The taste is good, but I had too much broth and not enough dumplings. I wish I could give this 3 1/2 stars, but I'll round up to 4 because it was so easy. I did add another can of biscuits to make this heartier.
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe !! It was super easy. I made it as stated but I used precooked diced chicken breasts and grands biscuits. It was thick and creamy and delicious !! I will be making this recipe for many years to come. Thank you for the recipe !!
This is a good chicken and dumpling recipe but I agree with the other reviewer that it needs 2 cans of biscuits......there wasn't enough dumplings for us. I made mine with a little over a pound of boneless chicken breasts and I measured out about 6 cups of broth and it was tasty. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game.