Recipe by Julesong
When working with cheesecakes, here's the basic recipe I start with. Experiment with it, and enjoy! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a medium sized spring form pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together, then stir in the melted butter.
- Coat the crumbs well with the butter, then press them into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream cheese in a mixer.
- With the mixture running slowly, sprinkle in the sugar and cornstarch, then add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the cream or half and half until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour into the spring-form pan.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top begins to brown and the cake is firm.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled.