1/4 Photos of Basic Cheese Sauce
This is a basic cheese sauce that you can spruce up with any herbs or spices you may like. I like this sauce with baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy saucepan on top of stove.
- 2Add flour and stir until well mixed and bubbly being careful not to scorch.
- 3Remove from heat and add milk; stirring until well blended.
- 4Return sauce to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Reduce heat, add shredded cheese and parmesan and cook until cheese melts and there is no taste of raw starch.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g