Recipe by queenbeatrice
This is a basic cheese sauce that you can spruce up with any herbs or spices you may like. I like this sauce with baked potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (your choice, mozzarella, cheddar, brie)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan on top of stove.
- Add flour and stir until well mixed and bubbly being careful not to scorch.
- Remove from heat and add milk; stirring until well blended.
- Return sauce to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, add shredded cheese and parmesan and cook until cheese melts and there is no taste of raw starch.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.