Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Basic Cheese Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked and chilled
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or the lesser known Emmenthal or Cantal cheese) or 2 cups gruyere cheese (or the lesser known Emmenthal or Cantal cheese)
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups whole milk, gently heated just until warm
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425°; prick the crust all over with a fork.
- Line it with tin foil and weight the bottom with a pile of dried beans, rice, or other weights that will sit flat on the surface.
- Bake 12 minutes; remove from the oven and carefully remove the weight and foil; turn the oven to 325°.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, cream, and seasonings; beat until well blended.
- Place the baked crust on a baking sheet; pour the egg mixture into the crust, right to the top.
- Carefully transfer the baking sheet to the oven; bake 30-40 minutes, until the mixture is set but still moist; it should still jiggle just a little in the middle (cover pie crust edges with foil if getting too brown).
- Cool on a rack; serve warm or at room temperature.