Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good basic cheese muffin recipe which can be upgraded with the addition of ingredients like chopped spring onion, red or green pepper, ham or cooked bacon.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 100 g grated tasty cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 210°C Lightly grease 6 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the egg and milk. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 12 -15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
These muffins are very moist and soft on the inside with a crunchy crust. They have a great cheese flavour, but I would have liked a bit more taste, as they were a little plain. Maybe some more cayenne or a little bit more salt or some pepper could have helped that. I will definitely use this recipe again making some slight changes and trying some of those variations you mentioned in your intro. It is a great basic recipe and comes together quickly and easily. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing it wiht us!