Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
A good basic cheese muffin recipe which can be upgraded with the addition of ingredients like chopped spring onion, red or green pepper, ham or cooked bacon.
Top Review by Lalaloula
These muffins are very moist and soft on the inside with a crunchy crust. They have a great cheese flavour, but I would have liked a bit more taste, as they were a little plain. Maybe some more cayenne or a little bit more salt or some pepper could have helped that. I will definitely use this recipe again making some slight changes and trying some of those variations you mentioned in your intro. It is a great basic recipe and comes together quickly and easily. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing it wiht us!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 100 g grated tasty cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 210°C Lightly grease 6 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the egg and milk. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 12 -15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.