Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basic Chai Tea is made with a lot of Oriental spices, it is easy to vary and fun to experiment with. Adjust the amount of spice to your taste,, or try adding mint, fennel, ginger, cloves or other spices as you wish
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk (2% or greater fat content preferred)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black tea
- Combine all ingredients except black tea in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add tea and steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Strain and serve immediately.
Made exactly as written and the spices were perfect. I would use less sugar next time, though. Very comforting on a cold, dreary day. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.