I wrote this recipe many years ago as it was quick and anything could be added to vary the flavour, I have now changed it to a Wheat Gluten and Egg Free recipe, as I can no longer eat wheat. The mix freezes well. Either make Muffins or a larger cake in a 1 lb loaf tin. Add chopped apples, sultanas, choolate chips, dried apricots, other soft fruits, chopped nuts, the list is endless!
- Rub the dry ingredients in with the butter.
- Add the wet ingredients, adding a little milk at a time to get a soft dropping consistancy.
- Beat the mixture well to combine.
- Add paper liners to the muffin tin and fill with the mixture.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at about 190 degrees Celsius for about 20 - 25 minutes for muffins and about 50 minutes for a loaf tin.
- Makes about 12 muffins.