Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wrote this recipe many years ago as it was quick and anything could be added to vary the flavour, I have now changed it to a Wheat Gluten and Egg Free recipe, as I can no longer eat wheat. The mix freezes well. Either make Muffins or a larger cake in a 1 lb loaf tin. Add chopped apples, sultanas, choolate chips, dried apricots, other soft fruits, chopped nuts, the list is endless!
- 12 ounces self raising wheat gluten-free flour (Dove's Farm)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 6 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple puree
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- milk, to mix
- Rub the dry ingredients in with the butter.
- Add the wet ingredients, adding a little milk at a time to get a soft dropping consistancy.
- Beat the mixture well to combine.
- Add paper liners to the muffin tin and fill with the mixture.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at about 190 degrees Celsius for about 20 - 25 minutes for muffins and about 50 minutes for a loaf tin.
- Makes about 12 muffins.
thank you absolutely excellent recipe. Was easy to make and very moist. I would welcome more recipes if you have them.