1/1 Photo of Basic Cake or Muffin Mix - Wheat and Egg Free
I wrote this recipe many years ago as it was quick and anything could be added to vary the flavour, I have now changed it to a Wheat Gluten and Egg Free recipe, as I can no longer eat wheat. The mix freezes well. Either make Muffins or a larger cake in a 1 lb loaf tin. Add chopped apples, sultanas, choolate chips, dried apricots, other soft fruits, chopped nuts, the list is endless!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the dry ingredients in with the butter.
- 2Add the wet ingredients, adding a little milk at a time to get a soft dropping consistancy.
- 3Beat the mixture well to combine.
- 4Add paper liners to the muffin tin and fill with the mixture.
- 5Sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of the muffins.
- 6Bake at about 190 degrees Celsius for about 20 - 25 minutes for muffins and about 50 minutes for a loaf tin.
- 7Makes about 12 muffins.
Browse Our Top Egg-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cake or Muffin Mix - Wheat and Egg Free
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 124.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: