Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a pretty fool-proof recipe. I took a regular pancake recipe and tweaked it to use buttermilk. One great variation is to put a mashed banana in with the wet ingredients, and then add chocolate chips right at the end.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 14.79-29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, including the vegetable oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir with a spoon or whisk just until it is combined. There should be lumps and the batter will be fairly thick.
- At this point you can let the batter rest for up to 60 minutes, or cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- For large pancakes use 1/4 cup of batter, or use about 1/8 cup for little pancakes. Cook until the top is bubbling and first side is brown, then flip. Don't mash them with the spatula after you flip them, or they will be flattened instead of fluffy. When they are cooked through, the top will be a little bouncy if you poke it with your fingers.
Very yummy and great texture. Thanks LadyRatri :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game