1/1 Photo of Basic Buttermilk Pancakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- 2In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together; blend well.
- 3Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients; mix with a whisk, stopping when everything is just combined (don’t worry if batter is a bit lumpy).
- 4The batter will bubble and become spongy almost immediately.
- 5Lightly butter or oil your griddle or skillet; preheat to medium (if using an electric griddle, heat to 350°).
- 6Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading.
- 7When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the tops are lightly speckled with bubbles that pop and stay open, flip the pancakes over with a wide spatula and cook until the other sides are light brown.
- 8Serve immediately with topping of choice.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 210.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g