1/2 Photos of Basic Buttercream Icing
This is a recipe that was given in the packet from a workshop I took at the Wilton school. It is a very good recipe and isn't exactly like any of the other buttercream recipes I saw! Great for decoration or for icing (once it is thinned with a little milk/cream). The picture is of a cake with royal icing roses and 3 Tbs of Kahlua added to the buttercream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- 2Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- 3Add salt, flavoring, and cream and blend on low speed until moistened.
- 4Beat at high speed until fluffy.
- 5Note: If adding more flavoring, the flavoring with the cream should be 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1055.6
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 177.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 127.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g