Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a recipe that was given in the packet from a workshop I took at the Wilton school. It is a very good recipe and isn't exactly like any of the other buttercream recipes I saw! Great for decoration or for icing (once it is thinned with a little milk/cream). The picture is of a cake with royal icing roses and 3 Tbs of Kahlua added to the buttercream.
Top Review by M&M99
This icing recipe is perfect. It's an easy recipe to follow and the consistency is just right every time. I like the addition of the whipping cream to keep it lighter than others I've tried. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, flavoring, and cream and blend on low speed until moistened.
- Beat at high speed until fluffy.
- Note: If adding more flavoring, the flavoring with the cream should be 1/4 to 1/2 cup.