Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that was given in the packet from a workshop I took at the Wilton school. It is a very good recipe and isn't exactly like any of the other buttercream recipes I saw! Great for decoration or for icing (once it is thinned with a little milk/cream). The picture is of a cake with royal icing roses and 3 Tbs of Kahlua added to the buttercream.
- Cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, flavoring, and cream and blend on low speed until moistened.
- Beat at high speed until fluffy.
- Note: If adding more flavoring, the flavoring with the cream should be 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
This icing recipe is perfect. It's an easy recipe to follow and the consistency is just right every time. I like the addition of the whipping cream to keep it lighter than others I've tried. Thanks for posting!
I made this frosting to use for icing and decorating cookies. It had just the right consistency to make the cookie decorations and also thinned out nicely for icing them. I really liked it because it didn't taste as overwhelmingly sweet as do some other icings. Thanks for posting!