Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons flavoring
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix at slow speed until smooth.
- If stiffer icing is needed, or if the weather is very warm, add a little extra sugar.
- This recipe is enough to cover and fill a 9 by 13-inch sheet cake or 2 (9-inch) layers.
This was good stuff. It makes a lot, I had enough to frost a sheet cake and had plenty for the kids to decorate the cake with. I love that I could add more powdered sugar to make it a little thicker. My kids had a ball decorating it.