Recipe by Dib's
You can add cocoa powder to this recipe for chocolate, coconut, strawberry or banana cream pies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup very cold butter
- 3 teaspoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 4 -5 teaspoons ice water
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix well-I like to use a whisk with all dry ingredients, and if using the cocoa add it with the other dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter and shortening.
- Cut in the fat, using two forks, or two knives or a pastry knife but NOT your hands, until mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Add 2 T.
- of the ice water and mix quickly with a fork.
- Of the dough is still crumbly sprinkle on a bit more ice water, still working with the fork, until the dough just holds together.
- Gather the dough into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out and use as you will.