- 125 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add vanilla then gradually add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined.
- 3. Lightly fold flour and milk alternately into prepared mixture to form a smooth consistency.
- 4. Spoon mixture into a well greased 23cm loaf pan.
- 5. Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees celsius for 45minutes until golden brown.
- 6. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.