1 hr 10 mins
This is a great sauce for pasta, even makes good pizza sauce. When I make a batch, I normally use half, then freeze the rest in smaller containers so I always have some on hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in sauce pan.
- 2Add onion and salt. Cook unil translucent.
- 3Add garlic and cook until starting to turn golden.
- 4Add 1 cup of the wine,red pepper flakes and tomatoes(with juices).
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.
- 6Add oregano, then use immersion blender(or transfer to standing blender) to blend until desired consistency.
- 7Continue to simmer until thickened.
- 8Add remaining 1/2 cup wine and basil.
- 9Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic(But Delicious) Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g