Recipe by CrashCurran
A simple burger recipe that can be modified pretty much any way you want. Can substitute 1 lb of pork, lamb, veal, turkey or chicken for beef.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat egg with water;
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix just until combined.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.
- (Make-ahead: Wrap, separated by waxed paper, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator.)
- Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside and digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), about 15 minutes.