Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple burger recipe that can be modified pretty much any way you want. Can substitute 1 lb of pork, lamb, veal, turkey or chicken for beef.
- In bowl, beat egg with water;
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix just until combined.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.
- (Make-ahead: Wrap, separated by waxed paper, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator.)
- Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside and digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), about 15 minutes.
These were ok. They were too wet to cook well on the BBQ (a bunch of each burger was left on the grate.) I would liken these to the a meatloaf burger.