Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
wonderful fresh tomatoes to be topped on crispy bruschetta
- 473.19 ml cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- Seed and chop tomatoes.
- Combine with all other ingredients
- Let sit a room temperature for at least an hour for flavors to blend
- Serve with toasted bread slices.
I made this for a wedding shower I hosted and people LOVED it. I don't even like tomatoes but found myself going back for seconds and thirds. Don't skip the step of removing the seeds; it takes a little extra time, but is definitely worth it. Can't wait to make it again...
A very tasty topping. I used grape tomatoes which seemed a bit too acidic, so added 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to compensate. Used a good green olive oil. Works beautifully with Goat Cheese Toasts