This is based off of several brine recipes I've found. I combined them together and lets just say I couldn't stop eating even though I was full. I've used this for poultry, pork & beef. I always leave stuff in to brine over night but you can find brining suggestions here: http://www.cookshack.com/store/Smokin-Okies-101-Series/Brining-101
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Some say to chop up the garlic others say leave it whole. Either way works.
- 2Add all ingredients to water and bring it to a boil.
- 3Stir occasionally, reduce heat to simmer till all sugar & salt has been dissolved.
- 4Let cool to safe temperatures before adding the meat.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Brine
Serving Size: 1 (2495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1594.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175318.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 367.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 327.8 g
- Protein 49.1 g