Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A basic recipe to know
Make and share this Basic Bread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the bread out on a large baking sheet. Toast until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to avoid burning. Transfer to a large bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over med-hi heat. Add the onions and celery and saute, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Scrape the sauteed vegetables and butter into the bread cubes and toss until well combined. Mix in the broth until the stuffing is lightly moist, but not packed together.
- To use for stuffing, reheat just before spooning into the bird. As a side dish, spoon into a large, buttered, shallow baking dish. Bake in the 350 F oven until the top has formed a crust and the stuffing is heated through, 30 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.