Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my favorite recipe for stuffing. Came from The Turkey Cookbook by Rick Rodgers.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 8 cups stale French bread (cubed) or 8 cups Italian bread (cubed)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2-1 cup turkey stock
- in a large skillet melt butter.
- Add onion and all the spices except parsley.
- Cook until onion is softened.
- Transfer to a large bowl,.
- Add bread cubes, parsley, and stock.
- Stuff turkey or bake separate.
- Just a note: I will chop up an apple to add to the stuffing. Also my Mom used to put a whole orange in the place where you truss. Saves sewing up the bird.