1/2 Photos of Basic Bread Stuffing
This was my Mom's staple recipe every Thanksgiving for stuffing....Sometimes she would add some chopped giblets to it, but usually she made it exactly like this...It's VERY simple and basic, but very home-made and very comforting!!! She hand-wrote this recipe for me many years ago the first time I tried to cook a Thanksgiving meal at my house. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine bread, onion, celery and all seasonings. Add melted butter. Toss gently to mix. Then add hot broth to moisten to desired consistency (but be careful NOT to make it soggy; a little dry is best since it will retain juices from cooking inside the turkey).
- 2Stuff into the cavity of the turkey before roasting, if desired.
- 3OR: Pour all into a large casserole and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, not letting the top get too crispy.
- 4NOTE: Allow 1 cup stuffing for each pound of poultry.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.5
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g