1/1 Photo of Basic Bread Machine Bread (A B M)
3 hrs 5 mins
This is a very reliable standard bread machine recipe for a 1 lb loaf. Too many people I know have bread machines but don't use them because they don't know how to do anything but use a mix! This will make a nice soft loaf as is, and it's also a great jumping off point for experimentation. Try varying the types of flour, fat, and sugar. Or try adding things like spices, nuts, mustards, or cheeses. My goal with this recipe is to get people comfortable enough with baking in their bread machines that they'll experiment. (If your machine only makes a 2 lb loaf, simply double all the ingredients.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the ingredients to your bread pan in the order listed.
- 2Set your machine to 1 lb / white bread.
- 3Alternatively, set your machine for the dough cycle. When it's finished, take the dough out, shape it into a round loaf, cover, and let rise until doubled. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- 4In both cases, cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Bread Machine Bread (A B M)
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g