Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great starter for a bone recipe. You can add more garlic and brown sugar if you prefer.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or 6 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter or shortening.
- Mix water and egg, add to dry ingredients.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Pat dough out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- Pat out scraps and proceed as before.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.