Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, but delicious muffin that is perfect to pack in your lunch, or grab for a quick breakfast or snack. Reguar milk can be used, but buttermilk enhances the texture!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- mix flour, sugar and baking soda together.
- in a seperate bowl mix egg, buttermilk and margarine together.
- stir into flour mixture slowly, just until moistened, do not beat!
- add blueberries, stirring only to mix, do not beat!
- bake in muffin cups for 20 mins at 350°F.
- optional: brush melted margarine over hot muffins and sprinkle with sugar immediatly out of the oven.
- also, a pinch of grated lemon or orange peel is great in the batter.