Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
The following recipe is very good to keep on hand in the refrigerator. It may be used in crepes, fried pies, regular pies, over ice cream, etc.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste.
- Pour the paste into the boiling berry mixture, stirring constantly the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until crust is golden.