Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a basic sauce you can play with...change the cheese(s), add herbs, whatever you wish.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat on medium.
- Let thicken slightly and make sure cheeses are melted.
- Add fresh herbs, minced, of your choice-- in any amount you wish-- if desired.
- You may not want to add salt depending on the saltiness of your stock, but freshly ground pepper is nice.
- Use white pepper if you can find it.
- Serve over pasta or gnocchi.
Lennie, you're my hero. This is a divine sauce that is so flavorful it made my tastebuds tingle! I made the recipe exactly as written. I stirred and stirred and stirred but it never thickened so I finally whisked in a spoonful of flour. It thickened right up and I served it over noodles. Delightful!
This is a great pasta sauce and you can't go wrong adding fresh herbs o it. I also found it was on the thin side and that I needed to add a little flour to thicken it up. Some of the Danish blue cheeses do not contain rennet and are true vegetarian cheeses so this is also lacto-ovo vegearian friendly.