Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple biscuits that are wonderful!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degress.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Using a fork, add the softened butter till the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in the milk.
- Knead on a floured surface untill dough no longer sticks to your hands.
- Roll out until about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Use a floured glass or cookie cutter, cut dough into circles about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes or untill golden on the edges.
I was making breakfast for dinner on 6/21/09, and needed a biscuit recipe. So, I did a search and found this one.As with all biscuit recipes I try ,the dry ingreadients were double sifted ( makes for a lighter biscuit) In Step 3, instead of using a fork, the butter was blened in with my fingers ( I was taught to do it that way ).And instead of rolling the dough out, I just patted it out to the right thickness.I wanted a larger biscuit, so I used a 2 1/2 inch cutter and ended up with 8 biscuits.The taste was very nice,but really crumbled when I tried to use it for a chicken biscuit. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Nice tender biscuit. I used them for Dressed-Up Ground Beef. :)