Recipe by Nuttie Moo
This is a very basic biscuit/cookie recipe but still taste nice. Many variations can be made. Please note the recipe i changed this from makes 2 1/2 dozen but my recipe makes 5-6 dozen. My biscuits are thin and have a nice crunch.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 celsius).
- In a large bowl mix sugars, margarine, vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and spice and mix until well combined.
- Take 1 rounded tsp of mixture and place on baking tray and press down to desired height (Mine are thin and have a nice crunch; i find this works best if you do not add any other ingredients).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown but not burnt.
- Let cool for 5 minutes so they harden.
- Variations: Fruit, nuts and chocolate chips can be added in step three and mix well.