Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Usually my biscuits end up like bricks, but this recipe from Quick Cooking 2001 turned out perfectly. I think I may have finally convinced my DH there are other biscuits besides bisquick biscuits!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the egg, milk and honey; stir into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter (I use a large glass).
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake @ 425 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.