Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from The Southern Lady Cooks
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon shortening or 1 -2 tablespoon lard
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Work the shortening into the flour until it’s like coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until makes a ball in the bowl.
- You can either pinch off the dough or cut it with a biscuit cutter.
- Grease or spray pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until brown on top.
I can tell you right off the bat, this is the exact recipe that my mother used. I have found it fail-proof, and right up to her standards. I spent years trying to make "her" biscuits. This is a "spot on" method. Thanks for posting!!!!