Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This isn't anything fancy, just a basic biscotti.
Make and share this Basic Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees F.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in oven until lightly golden.
- Let cool.
- Coarsely chop half the nuts.
- Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Beat in eggs, then whole and chopped nuts.
- Mix to obtain a firm dough.
- Knead briefly, then divide dough into 2 pieces.
- On a floured work surface, roll each piece under your hands into a cylinder 15 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place 2 rolls, well separated, on each baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- With a spatula, carefully transfer the rolls to a cutting board and slice each onediagonally into cookies about 1/2-inch thick.
- Set wire racks on the baking sheets and lay out the biscotti on them.
- Return them to the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until very firm and crisp.
- Cool on the racks, then transfer them to a tin for long keeping.