This isn't anything fancy, just a basic biscotti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees F.
- 2Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in oven until lightly golden.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Coarsely chop half the nuts.
- 5Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- 6Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- 7Beat in eggs, then whole and chopped nuts.
- 8Mix to obtain a firm dough.
- 9Knead briefly, then divide dough into 2 pieces.
- 10On a floured work surface, roll each piece under your hands into a cylinder 15 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 11Place 2 rolls, well separated, on each baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- 12With a spatula, carefully transfer the rolls to a cutting board and slice each onediagonally into cookies about 1/2-inch thick.
- 13Set wire racks on the baking sheets and lay out the biscotti on them.
- 14Return them to the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until very firm and crisp.
- 15Cool on the racks, then transfer them to a tin for long keeping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g