Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I found this recipe on another site. I LOVE this sauce. It's perfect for fish (including shellfish), chicken, and even veal. I'm posting it for ZWT5 for France.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and wine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and continue simmering until only 2 tablespoons of liquid remain.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer; simmer until the cream has reduced by half. Increase heat to medium-high, and rapidly whisk in the butter, piece, by piece until it has melted into the cream and thickened it. Strain the sauce through a mesh strainer to remove the spices. Serve immediately.