13 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a basic recipe for jerky made in a dehydrator. It can also be made in an oven on the lowest temperature setting with the door left cracked open. The oven method can take up to 24 hours. Please check the Canning, Dehydrating forum for more information on jerky and dehydrating. Use this recipe as a starting point to customize to your individual taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim most of the fat from the meat and cut into 1/8"-1/4" thick slices.
- 2Combine all the ingredients except the meat in a large bowl.
- 3Stir until the seasonings dissolve.
- 4Add the meat and mix until thoroughly coated.
- 5Let stand for at least 1 hour or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- 6Shake off excess liquid and put the slices in the dehydrator.
- 7Dehydrate for 12 hours or until desired doneness at the highest temperature setting.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory liquid smoke