Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a recipe booklet years ago. The recipe does not state how long to chill the gelatin.
Top Review by ladypit
I doubled this recipe and used an 8 serving box of jello (but the sugar free kind so the weight is different). I had a hard time determining when to add the cool-whip. I tried to take acerst's advice and wait until the jello was starting to gell but I think I put it in too early. I also just used a whisk to mix it but mine had two distinct layers. One that was light pink and had cool-whip in it, and one that was just jello. I enjoyed it as I am trying to curb my calories right now. The kids were not fans though. Thanks for a good one to try!
- 3 ounces gelatin, any flavor
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 3⁄4 cups Cool Whip Topping
- fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add the cold water to the dissolved gelatin and stir.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of the cool whip and mix till creamy.
- Pour into a 4 cup bowl or individual molds.
- Chill 4 more hours.
- Unmold and garnish with remaining cool whip and garnish with fresh sliced fruit.