Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This hearty waffle recipe comes from an issue of Parent's Magazine. Ive made it every week for years and it comes out great every time. I double it and freeze the leftover waffles and reheat in toaster oven.
- 2 eggs
- 395.10 ml milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour (you can substitute wheat germ for 1/4 cup of white flour)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml maple extract (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together using a large whisk.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Gently combine but don't overmix.
- Cook as your waffle maker directs.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (my daughter).
- Cover with toasted nuts, bananas, and real maple syrup (Me!).
- Pour on log Cabin (my son) and Michele's Maple Cream Syrup for my husband!
It's been a while since a recipe made me smile. I agree with another reviewer that there's the perfect amount of leavening to make these waffles fluffy without tasting like baking powder. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that this is a no-fuss recipe. There is no beating of egg whites, no separate mixing of yolks with butter, no warming everything so that butter won't clump from other cold ingredients. Recipes like this make it possible to enjoy waffles on a weekday. We ate ours this morning with strawberries and everyone left for the day in a good mood.
This is a very good waffle recipe that we use in the belgian maker. We ommit the maple extract, and instead use a 1.5x the amount of vanilla and the zest from an organic mandarin. They are exclenet. We normally make at least a double batch, and freeze the leftovers after they have cooled completly so they do not squash. They re-heat at 400*f for 10 min, and are just like fresh. Excelent recipe, thank you!
This is a GREAT and EASY recipe. Its light,fluffy,creamy texture. BUT from a family of 8 opinions this reminds them of a pancake but a waffle version. Made it 2 just in case I messed it up but it was the same. Thanks for sharing it with us