This hearty waffle recipe comes from an issue of Parent's Magazine. Ive made it every week for years and it comes out great every time. I double it and freeze the leftover waffles and reheat in toaster oven.
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (you can substitute wheat germ for 1/4 cup of white flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together using a large whisk.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Gently combine but don't overmix.
- Cook as your waffle maker directs.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (my daughter).
- Cover with toasted nuts, bananas, and real maple syrup (Me!).
- Pour on log Cabin (my son) and Michele's Maple Cream Syrup for my husband!