1/7 Photos of Basic Batter Waffles
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This hearty waffle recipe comes from an issue of Parent's Magazine. Ive made it every week for years and it comes out great every time. I double it and freeze the leftover waffles and reheat in toaster oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (you can substitute wheat germ for 1/4 cup of white flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together using a large whisk.
- 2Mix the wet ingredients together.
- 3Gently combine but don't overmix.
- 4Cook as your waffle maker directs.
- 5Sprinkle with powdered sugar (my daughter).
- 6Cover with toasted nuts, bananas, and real maple syrup (Me!).
- 7Pour on log Cabin (my son) and Michele's Maple Cream Syrup for my husband!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Batter Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 433.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g