- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or ground chipolte pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat oil and cook onion until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cook until reduced by half or desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.