Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe and it can also be used as a base to create your own flavorful BBQ sauce from. Try it on Barbecue Lemon Chicken in the Oven :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or ground chipolte pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- In a saucepan, heat oil and cook onion until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cook until reduced by half or desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
This is a very good barbecue sauce. And mostly cause that way we can control the sodium a bit more. I didn't use salt in it. Thanks 2Bleu. Made for Please Review My Recipe
I made this sauce for ribs on the grill. A nice tangy sauce for the ribs and one I will use again for pork loins. As we're use to using something more sweet like SweetBabyRay's this was a nice trade-off and one I was willing to give a try. Glad I tagged and made for Photoforum!